Monday, January 2, 2012

Starting a new year.

It's sort of predictable to fall into the trap of making New Year's resolutions at the beginning of the year, and we all know how often those go south. I think I read somewhere that the average resolution lasts until the second week of January. However, there's something alluring about the idea of a totally fresh start, so let's just say that I'm starting the year optimistically, with a plan to have a little something to say each day. 

In alignment with this optimism, I'm trying to decide where to steer this blog. Issues of sustainability and social justice are really important to me. I had originally started this blog with an idea of charting my progress as I began trying to get fit. I'm starting to see that those two arenas - fitness and sustainability- are actually intimately linked. Mathew and I watched a documentary tonight called "Dive! Living Off America's Waste" www.divethefilm.com. Its description of the amount of waste in the USA made my head spin. It made me ponder how I "consume". I'm not planning on dumpster diving any time soon, but it's definitely given me something to think about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment